Sunday, March 19, 2023

Sew It – Show It Challenge: Little Green Apples

 


I'm so happy to be participating in another fun challenge, this time hosted by Carol from Just Let Me Quilt.

Here's the list of today's participants:

________________________________________________

So the theme of this challenge is obvious; something green or something with apples...or both! I made two small projects. The first is a no-sew felt clover plant. The pattern comes from the website Lia Griffith. I have a subscription with them, and I've made a lot of fun felt stuff including fruits & veggies, plants, flowers, and animals.

Here's the potted clover I made, perfect for the green theme and for St. Patrick's Day if you celebrate it:
I actually enlarged the pattern 150% because the original was a bit too small to work with imo. So it's an exaggerated clover plant!

________________________________________________

For my second project, I made a literal representation of the green apple theme. It's a candle mat/mug rug that measures 12" and is sewn up in wool felt and embroidery floss.

If you'd like to make one yourself, you can find the FREE pattern here.
A note about my FREE patterns. I will not be making any patterns available on my blog after July 2023. (My patterns are currently hosted on server space that I will be discontinuing at that point.) So if there's anything currently listed that you might be interested in, download it now! After that point, I will still make some patterns available during these challenges, but I will have to email them to anyone who is interested.
________________________________________________

I love to read your comments, and will reply to each one via email unless you are a No Reply Blogger.

Finally, be sure to visit everyone participating in this challenge!

26 comments:

  1. Aaaah! Such darling woolie projects and thank you so much for the complimentary design. I have to make an apple mug rug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both projects are pretty. At first I thought the clovers was a real plant! Thank you for the green apples free pattern also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome projects (yours always are). Thanks for the pattern--it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interpretation of the challenge - your felty creations are darling! Your stitching on the mat is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always delight with your beautiful wool work. I love the little shamrock plant and your candle mat is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the pattern, it's so cute! I've never worked with wool, only cotton. This would be a great wool beginner project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wool work is beautiful. I can't even begin to imagine making that group of flowers. I love the candle mat and saved it as well as a few of your others. Sorry about the server issues...I am probably moving my blog at the beginning of the month and dreading it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wool candle mat is adorable! You created two perfect projects for this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The queen of felt, you, nailed the challenge again with the green and apple theme. What a cute pot of clovers for St. Patrick's Day! The candle mat is adorable with all those tiny apples...love it! Thanks for sharing, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The candle mat is adorable! Thanks for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a real artist with your use of wool. I thought the candle mat was grand.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable projects! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What cute projects!! Thank you for sharing your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I need to have your potted plant - I might not be able to kill it! :-). And the candle mat is perfect for this blog hop! Thanks for sharing your patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both of your projects - that's a plant I can make survive! Looking forward to the apple topper thanks for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love your felt topper, it's so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of your projects are great and perfect for this hop, but the candle mat is my favorite! Thank you so much for the free pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are both wonderful projects, and I can't decide which I like best. Thank you for the candle mat pattern, as I keep wanting to do more wool appliqué and this looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your projects and particularly the candle mat.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your wool projects. The clovers look great in the pot!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty! The candle mat and shamrocks are just the thing for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your shamrocks are wonderful. I would think that making them larger would also add to luck factor. Your Green Apple mat is so pretty. Thanks for the freebie pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What inventive projects for the Hop, Elizabeth!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Elizabeth both of your projects are lovely and just perfect for the challenge. Thanks for sharing the pattern. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG, so adorable! Your plant is so awesome, I could actually keep that one alive. The candle mat is perfect for the hop. Great design!

    ReplyDelete