Monday, April 17, 2023

Sew It – Show It Challenge: Say What?

 


I'm happy to be participating in another fun Sew It – Show It Challenge, this time hosted by Joan from MooseStashQuilting.

Here's the list of today's participants:

_____________________________________

This time we were challenged to make something with words or something that told a story. I created a small wool felt applique mat with a very simple message...BLOOM!

Like a lot of other people, I look forward to Spring when flowers start blooming. Sometimes we accelerate things by starting plants in pots. So I decided to grow the word "BLOOM" in some pots to kick Spring off right.


The mat measures 14" x 12" and is quick to stitch up. I made it from wool felt scraps I had in my stash, but you can make it in any colors you wish.

If you'd like to try, here's the link to the FREE pattern.


A note about my FREE patterns: No patterns will be listed as available on my blog after July 2023. (My patterns are currently hosted on server space that I will be discontinuing then.) So if there's anything currently listed that you might be interested in, download it now! After that point, I will still make some patterns available during these challenges, either via email or another method which I am still exploring.

_____________________________________

And speaking of Spring blooms, how about some no-sew felt daffodils? The pattern for these lovelies comes from Lia Griffith.


_____________________________________

I love to read your comments, and will reply to them all via email unless you are a NO REPLY BLOGGER.

Finally, be sure to visit everyone participating in this fun challenge!

17 comments:

  1. Such a darling table mat, Elizabeth. Thank you for the sweet Spring gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute table mat. Thank you for the free pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring is upon us and I love the idea of planting an indoor bloom to enjoy, over picking weeds outside! LOL!! Thanks for the pattern. My daffodils are blooming, but they are not nearly as cute as your are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The table mat and the flowers are perfect for Spring! So cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love your adorable projects. Thanks so much for the pattern. Your wool creations always speak to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect word - bloom. I need a BLOOM mat, too, cuz I am so excited to see blooms in the spring. The daffodils are a perfect accent for the mat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Bloom" is definitely a beautiful way to encourage spring to get her. I love those daffodils! Your wool projects are always so creative...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this! My website is called inflorescence and that word simply means "starting to bloom" I chose it because I wanted to grow in my craft and share my journey. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bloom!!! Perfect for this time of year when we are all longing for spring to arrive!! Thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun pattern! Thank you! I love the daffodils too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for a terrific spring wool project. The daffodils are also a great make. They bloomed out a month ago here, and it's now the turn of Iris and buttercups.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful idea. I love that it's blooming. Also thanks for sharing the daffodils, a terrific message that spring has sprung.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling design! Absolutely beautiful work and the perfect wall hanging for spring. Wool is so wonderful to work on. Thank you so much for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing mat and those flowers are so special. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elizabeth, I love your little bloom quilt and really love those daffodils! Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a BLOOMing wonderful table mat you created for the Hop, Elizabeth!!

    ReplyDelete