Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Sew It – Show It Challenge: Shades of Blue

 

I'm happy to be participating in this Sew It – Show It Challenge, this time hosted by Carla of Creatin' In the Sticks.

Be sure to visit all of today's participants:

Thursday, January 26th

*****************************************

I’ve made two small projects to celebrate the "Shades of Blue" theme of this Sew It Show It Challenge

The first are no-sew wool felt tulips made with this sweet pattern I purchased last year from Etsy.

I’ve made these tulips in several other colors already, but wanted some blue ones for my guest bedroom which has a blue and cream/white theme.

*****************************************

For my second project, I designed and hand-stitched some 6" Forget-Me-Not Coasters. They’re constructed in a similar fashion to English Paper Piecing, only using wool felt and no paper!

If you’d like to give these a try yourself, you can find the FREE pattern here.

I hope these projects help banish your winter blues! 

*****************************************

I love to read all your comments and will reply to them all via email, unless you are a No Reply Blogger.

Finally, be sure to visit everyone participating in this fun challenge!

Monday, January 23rd


Tuesday, January 24th


Wednesday, January 25th


Thursday, January 26th

15 comments:

  1. Your tulips always warm my heart and I love the idea of using wool felt and no papers. Thanks for the sweet pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tulips are lovely and a great addition to the decor of a room! Thanks for sharing the pattern of the coasters. Those are really cute! (I started another comment and it disappeared--hope it doesn't show up too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I am always in love with what you make and today is no exception. Your blue flowers are gorgeous, both the forget me nots and the tulips. WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know which project I like best. The tulips are wonderful but so are the coasters. They are both perfect for this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects. Thanks so much for the coaster pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love tulips and yours look so pretty in blue. Such a pretty vase full of them! Your forget-me-not coaster is too cute, and as usual you rock the wool thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely projects. I love the tulips and the forget me not coasters. Both would be a joy to make or receive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your projects are so pretty! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely projects which don't require making an entire quilt. Thanks for the inspiration and pattern links, too. You know we always want to know where a friend got something so we can have it, too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the felt tulips and the coasters, Those tulips almost look like live flowers, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those hand stitched coasters are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both the tulips and the coasters! They're great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your no sew flowers are gorgeous! Love those coasters too. Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What unique projects for the Shades of Blue Challenge, Elizabeth! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The tulips are so pretty and I love the coasters as well - what great projects for this hop! xx

    ReplyDelete