Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Gremlins, Goblins, and Ghouls Oh My! Blog Hop

 

It's time for another awesome blog hop, this time hosted by Joan from MooseStashQuilting!

Here's a list of today's participants:

 Wednesday Oct 19

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs (me)

Vicki’s Crafts and Quilting

Just Sew Quilter

Homespun Hannah's Blog

Words & Stitches

********************

The theme for this hope is, clearly, Halloween! It's such a fun topic to explore. The past two years I've created wool felt mug rugs with a Halloween theme. 

First there was a Vampire mug rug, aka Dracula:


Then last year, I created a friend for Dracula, known to all of us as Frankenstein:

This year, I've made two more additions to the motely crew.

The decrepit Mummy:

And that ol' pumpkin head, Evil Jack:

The mug rugs each measure 9" x 12" and are made from wool felt and embroidery floss. You could also make them in cotton, using raw-edge applique. You'd just have to add a seam allowance to the 9" x 12" pieces, and then quilt and bind as desired.

If you'd like to make any of these monstrous mug rugs, the FREE patterns can be found here:





FYI...The free patterns on my blog will remain available, but I have recently closed my Etsy pattern shop. I'm going to focus on creating pieces to fulfill my creative impulses, and not as a money-making enterprise. I will, however, continue to post free patterns from time to time, and to participate in blog hops!

********************

I love to read your comments, and will reply to each of them via email unless you are a "No Reply Blogger."

Finally, be sure to visit everyone participating in this fun hop:

19 comments:

  1. The mug rugs are really cute. Thank you for all of the free patterns that you so generously make available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, a complete set of the most iconic Halloween characters. What could be better? Well, your designs of course. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable additions to your Halloween mug rug crew and congratulations of your moving onto more time for your creativity. Me time is always hard to take some days, but so necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wool mug rugs are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These mug rugs are amazing! I really like the 2 additional ones you made! Perfectly spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable mug rugs, love them! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute mug rugs! Just the right spookiness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice mug rugs. I know what you mean about creating and not trying to make money. I am mostly making purses for Sew Powerful and quilts for Project Linus now. I have been listing my creations to sell in my PayHip Shop, which are one of a kind items, since I have them made already. I hope I can sell them, but won't be making stuff to "try and sell" anymore once those are sold. Enjoy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so perfectly cute and creepy all in one...my kind of thing! Thank you for sharing and I'm glad you'll be sticking it out with our blog hops! I love seeing all the beautiful things you create.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always admire your wool work. They are incredible. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the fun mug rug patterns. They are creepy cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have created quite a crew Elizabeth. Thank you.I hope you enjoy making time for those creative pleasures. It's really a great way to roll.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Mummy and Evil Jack look great! (Creepy, but great!) Your mug rug set is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great wool applique projects! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are fun! Love the new additions!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Elizabeth. These are as sweet as can be. It is hard to choose a favorite . Thank you so much for sharing your talents. I look forward to making some of these. Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete