Sunday, September 18, 2022

Queen of Gadgets Blog Hop

 


I'm happy to be participating in another fun hop, this time hosted by Carol from Just Let Me Quilt.

Here's the list of today's participants:

********************

I didn't have any problem deciding which sewing gadget I would use for this hop. I just adore fabric yoyos, and love using the Clover YoYo Makers. I've made many, many, many yoyo projects over the years. I'll share some of those with you before showing you what I created for this hop.

I've made Pillows:



Pumpkins and Pears:

Table Runner and Wall Hanging:

If you look on the lower right-hand side of my blog, you'll see the projects I've had published. There are several yoyo projects there as well. And finally, I've made a couple of yoyo projects for other blog hops, and those free patterns can be found at these links:

********************
I primarily use two sizes of the Clover YoYo Makers; Small and Large. 
The final size of a small yoyo is 30mm or 1.18 inches.
The final size of a large yoyo is 45mm or 1.77 inches.
For my new project, I used the Small size.

And here's my project, a wool felt and cotton YoYo Pincushion. It can be made exclusively from cotton too, if desired.
The pincushion has twenty small yoyos, and measures 5.5" x 7" inches. I filled it with crushed walnuts shells, but you can also use the stuffing of your choice. Since I made it from wool felt, (with cotton yoyos), I made a cotton inner unit to house the crushed walnut shells. This wouldn't be necessary if making the whole pincushion from cotton fabric.

The FREE pattern can be found here, if you'd like to make one for yourself!

********************

I love to read your comments, and will reply via email unless you are a "No Reply Blogger."

Finally, be sure to visit everyone participating in this fun hop!

31 comments:

  1. You made a lot of yoyos for your little pincushion! It's so cute and practical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was given a yo yo quilt to finish once it was too much for me with 2 little kids so I passed it on well done on your yo yos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many cute projects with yoyos! I must admit I have yoyo makers but tend to just make them the old fashioned wasy :) Thanks for sharing so much inspiration! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not expect to see these yoyo makers as a favorite gadget! I have a whole set of those things and a couple of patterns that make large wall hangings of the seasons covered with yoyos of all sizes. I have not used any of them as yet. I do think I might get those patterns out and just make a few at a time with my scraps. I printed out your pin cushion so I believe I will start with that. Maybe I can call that "mindless sewing"? LOL Uh oh, I just noticed your tree in the hoop! Gotta have that too. Thanks so much for sharing your favorite tool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the best yoyo patterns for sure. Such a great gadget, the yoyo maker. Makes are so much easier with gadgets. Your pincushion is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a couple sizes of the Clover Yo-yo gadget too, but I rarely make yo-yos. Your yo-yos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do have at least one yo yo maker, I started a table runner eons ago! I love the pear the most, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Yo-Yo's too! Ironically, I was just talking about them with a friend. I have a huge bag of them made for a quilt that has gone missing in action in my sewing room. I think the Yo-Yo make is in the bag with them. I really need to get to work and find it, because I want to make a pin cushion now. LOL!! Thank you for sharing your inspiration and that sweet pinny pattern with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am fascinated by all your yo-yo projects! I have only made a few. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great projects! I have made just a few yo-yo's to embellish a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I my goodness...so many beautiful yo-yo projects! I've only made a few of those in my lifetime but seeing what you've used them for I need to find that yo-yo maker. That pumpkin and all those tiny ones on your pincushion are incredible! Thank you for sharing, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many pretty yo-yo projects, but your little pincushion is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you for sharing your projects. I love the pumpkin and pear. thanks for sharing the pin cushion tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great gadget, and beautiful yo-yo projects! Thanks so much for sharing the pin cushion tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great gadget. A yo-yo pincushion is a unique idea. It looks like a very precisely planted flower garden.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Elizabeth, your yo-yo projects are great! I think the little pincushion, pumpkin and pears are my faves!! Great job. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really enjoyed seeing your various yo-yo projects but I think I'm madly in love with the pumpkin. I can't remember the last time I made a yo-yo. I guess I now need to add them to my to do list. Thank you, I think ;-}.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love yo-yos, they are so much fun to make and your projects are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for that cute free pincushion pattern. It doesn't hurt at all that you made it with green background. =) Your projects look wonderful, and I agree the pumpkin is a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think your yoyo pinnie is sweet, and I like the idea of using wool felt as a cover. I'm not a usual yoyo maker, but I think I will make an exception. Thanks Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable yo-yo projects! I love the pumpkin!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love my yoyo maker too! It was one of the first fun gadgets I got myself so many years ago. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I didn't know there was a yo yo making gadget. I've tried making them from scratch before, and it was not fun. So glad you shared this today. I love your pincushion. It is adorable! And thank you for the free pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've made yo yo in the past the old fashioned way, somebody gifted me a set of makers, might have to get them out and give them another try.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have a sister who loves making yoyo quilts. Such cute ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think you are the Queen of yoyos; what a display of projects. Glad to know that the Clover yoyo maker works well.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very, very cool Yo-yo projects! I have never wanted to make them but now you've piqued my interest! I actually have looong had a set of the Clover "Puff Quilt" tools but have never used them. Probably should pull those out too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love Yo'Yos. I made a table cloth in a GFG pattern using Yo'yos. All by hand. I have bought the maker. I need to try this. Love your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  29. How fun! Love the pumpkin and pear out of Yo-Yos. Your pin cushion is lovely as well. Such little yo-yos!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So many cute projects. The yo yos are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your yoyos I make them from scraps at times, I saw a yoyo quilt once upon a time I would love to try to make.

    ReplyDelete