Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Music Blog Hop

 


It’s time for another fun blog hop, this time hosted by Carla of Creatin' in the Sticks. Here’s the list of the final day's participants:

Thursday, November 17th

******************

The theme for this hop is obviously music. Rather than depicting music itself via notes, etc. I decided to represent a specific piece of music. I quickly settled on the classical piece by Vivaldi titled “The Four Seasons.” It’s a beautiful group of four violin concertos that were composed around 1718−1720 by the Italian composer Antonio Vivaldi. There are many renditions of it on You Tube for you to listen to at your leisure. A selection from the “Spring” concerto was played as part of my wedding ceremony, so it holds a special meaning for me.

Once I had decided on the musical piece, I had to figure out how to represent the four seasons in fabric. I recently bought a bench for the front foyer of my house and thought it needed a pillow to dress it up.

So then I thought I’d be a good idea to make one pillow and then make four interchangeable sleeves/wraps to go around it, one for each of the four seasons of the year. 

Rather than finding a fabric for the pillow itself that would work for all the seasons, (which might have been tricky,) I decided to make a two-sided pillow with fabrics that would complement two seasons each. Here’s the 14” x 25” pillow, made from orange and blue ginghams:

The pillow wraps are fastened around the pillow with sew-in Velcro.


Each 14” x 33” wrap is made from Wool Felt and stitched with embroidery floss.

Here's Spring:

And Summer:

Autumn:

and Winter:

******************

I had a lot of fun creating the pillow wraps, and if you’d like to do the same, the FREE pattern can be found here.

******************

I love to read your comments and will reply to each one via email unless you are a “No Reply Blogger.”

Finally, be sure to visit everyone participating in this hop!

Monday, November 14th


Tuesday, November 15th


Wednesday, November 16th


Thursday, November 17th

20 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love that instead of having to store 4 large pillows, you only have to store the sleeves. Perfect project for this fun hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que idéia bacana. Adorei sua almofada com as capas para cada estação

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pillows are great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever way to cover all the seasons and so fun too. I do love that bench and you have really dressed it perfectly. Thank you for the patterns, you always have a treat for us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Honestly these are my favorite kind of decorations. They don't take up a bunch of space but really change up the room every time you change them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat idea! Something to use all year long, yet have differences in it each season. Lovely work! Thanks for sharing the patterns too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very clever way to change out a pillow, and I have that lovely music playing in my head now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea making pillow wraps. Thanks so much for sharing the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant! What a great way to change out your pillows with ease! Your bench is the perfect place to show off your beautiful work too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for sharing today. I love your idea of a pillow wrap. thanks for sharing and inspiring. quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a wonderful idea, and those wraps are a beautiful way to easily switch things up! That bench is so pretty with or without the pillows. Thanks for sharing, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a versatile and creative idea! Thanks for sharing the inspiration and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable pillow wraps. Thank you for the free pattern. I love how you referenced the music from the 18ty century.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea.! I enjoy Vivaldi's music.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your interpretation of the hop. Clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I couldn't comment when I looked at your post on my phone the other night, but I do like your wonderful pillow ideas. Thanks for showing how you did this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your pillow wraps are adorable, Elizabeth! That is such a fantastic idea to represent the theme of your chosen music!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Elizabeth, what a great way to interpret the music theme with Vivaldi's Four Seasons concertos! That's fun that you used Spring for your wedding ceremony. Such a great idea to dress up your new bench that can change with the seasons. Thanks for the patterns of your darling designs.

    ReplyDelete