Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Wish Upon a Star Blog Hop

Wish Upon A Star Blog Hop
I'd like to give a big thanks to Carol at Just Let Me Quilt for organizing this fun blog hop!

Here's the list of today's participants:

*************************

I made two projects for this hop. 

First, I saw it as an opportunity to work on my quilting skills. I'm really a novice quilter, in terms of both piecing and quilting. So I decided to make a mini quilt that challenged me in both of those areas. Here's what I came up with:
It was a definitely a challenge for me, and it took a while to get the hang of the half-square triangles. But I was fairly happy with how the piecing turned out. I then spent a lot of time on the quilting, and was pleased with the end result of that process as well. The mini quilt measures approximately 16" square.

*************************

For my second project, I designed a 16" round WoolFelt table mat. It is backed and bound with a turquoise gingham fabric that I also designed myself, (the fabric is available in my Spoonflower Shop). 



It's now part of my round table mat series, and the pattern can be purchased in my Etsy and Craftsy shops. I'm calling this piece "Stars of the Sea," and obviously, it's a different interpretation of the star theme.





*************************

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting. I will reply to as many comments as I can, unless you're a no-reply blogger. 

Be sure to visit everyone else in the hop!

May 21

May 22

May 23

May 24

May 25

45 comments:

  1. Both of them are so beautiful. I am a newbie to quilting as well. You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful interpretation with Stars of the Sea! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Elizabeth! You do lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stars of the sea are wonderful! Very unique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilted mini is really lovely and Stars of the Sea is a great wool felt pattern as well. This is the second starfish I've seen in the hop ( I'm such a literalist, I don't think of these things) but the star shape on the sand dollars is a great addition also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elizabeth,
    Your mini turned out great! I think your quilting looks especially fabulous - it really enhances the design without taking away from it. Super job! Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Stars of the Sea! Your mini looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mini quilt is so cute. And your wool table topper is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on your mini. Your pattern is very pretty. You should do well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little mini quilt turned out so perfect, Elizabeth, and your quilting looks great on it...love it! That wool table topper turned out so beautiful, too. Thank you sweet lady for being a bright spot in my morning and for joining in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice. Stars of the sea would look great in blue and white also, hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on a wonderful finish on your mini. I wish I could say my firsts looked nearly that good! LOL! Oh that your woolie...That is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's great to see you becoming a great accomplished quilter. I'm sure you would tell me that it just takes practice to become accomplished at making mats, too. You are an inspiration at each endeavor. Thanks for being part of the hop and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your two projects are wonderful. I think starfish count. they are stars after all. LOL thank you for sharing and inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful stars. I really like the starfish design.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like your little mini star. I enjoy the piecing but am intimidated by the quilting. Going to keep trying though. My favorite is the wool Sea Star candlemat. Great minds think alike. I did the Starfish pillow. I've never done wool applique before but I think I'll start with your pattern as soon as I get my next paycheck.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice. Looks to me like your quilting skills are darn good.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a mini quilt pro, Elizabeth! The sea colors in your round mat are perfect for he theme. Star fish was a GREAT idea! You are so smart!:). Have a great blog hop! —Tracy:).

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your wool table topper so much and your mini turned out wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow your round table topper is so cute. Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love both your projects!! The Mini is Awesome!! & the Star Fish & Sand Dollars are soooo cool! Great job!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well done my friend....Ty for sharing I so want to try a patch work star... happyness04431@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your Star of the Sea! It is the perfect little wool piece.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely projects! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. They are both so cute! I love the sand dollars!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Two sweet projects! I don't have much experience working with felt - that looks like a lovely project for a beginner like me! Thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete

  27. A star by any other name works for this hop and both of yours are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your projects, so adorable! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Two beautiful entries in the hop. Your top star mini is practically perfect in every way - not a single point missing! I like the way your round piece looks, and the binding on it, too. You can't beat gingham!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol far from perfect but I appreciate the kind words!

      Delete
  30. Great star projects! I remember living by the ocean for a couple of months in my younger days and walking along the rocky shore and finding sand dollars and star fish. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the stars of the sea - a very pretty arrangement!

    ReplyDelete