Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wool Lovers Blog Hop

Pieced Brain

A big thanks to Denise for hosting and organizing this blog hop!

Almost all my projects use wool or WoolFelt, so I could post a lot of pictures of things I've made. But instead, I'll just refer you to my Etsy shop, and you can see a lot of my work there.

For my first project for this hop, I decided to do something that would use up some of the wool scraps I have in my stash. I designed a very simple candle mat, which measures 12" square, and is all hand-stitched:

Front:
Back:
 
For my second project, I stitched up this pincushion which also uses scraps from my stash.
 
It's an amalgamation of various traditional floral block patterns I've seen. I just put the elements that I liked together, and I'm pretty happy with how it came out. It measures 6" square and is hand stitched with some Valdani floss I had on hand. It's going to be a gift for someone on my holiday list!
 
Side View
 
I will make the tutorial/patterns for both of these projects available for free on my blog after the hop is over.

Be sure to visit the other talented people on today's list!

Wednesday, September 25

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs (you are here)

Maria do Carmo (Pieced Brain is hosting)

30 comments:

  1. My favourite is the pincushion, though the mat is cute too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both projects but like Rachelle my favorite is the pincushion , just beautiful . Thanks for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the projects Elizabeth... Those pincushions are just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Elizabeth. he Candle Mat and Pincushion are very pretty.. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just so cute....I love pin cushions

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your projects! The candle mat looks super cool with all the different pieces of wool, and the pincushion design is beautiful. Thanks for joining the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! I love your candle mat very much and the pincushon is so sweet. So glad you joined the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great candle mat and wonderful pin cushion. Thanks for offering the patterns, very nice of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cutest pincushion! I love the tiny hearts! I am glad you are in the hop. I am going to go and explore more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the range of colors in your candle mat and the geometric design. Your pincushion is sweet. The recipient will be very pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute pincushion....thanks for taking part in the wool blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the little penny rug! I just purchased a small circle cutter for my Go Baby and hope to be cutting and sewing pennies all winter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty projects....love the pincushion! Thanks for sharing the tutorial with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Elizabeth, both of these projects are wonderful. I love the pattern on the pincushion. The table mat is simple, but so attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elizabeth your little mat and pincushion are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your candle mat and your pincushion is just darling! Great job!!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the way you've used your scraps to make something so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your penny rug--they are so much fun to make and enjoy. Beautiful pin cushion--love the design. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the pin cushion and can't wait for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the pincushion! Can't wait for the tutorial. I'm new to wool....love the look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. There is something so cozy and comforting about wool and your projects are woolunderful. Thank you for being part of this hop. Creative Stitching Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  22. couldn't help it lol...I'm now following you :) I, too, can't wait for the pin cushion tut :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. such pretty wool projects. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pretty projects! Love the mix of colors on your mat.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh oh oh I am in love with BOTH of these---cannot wait for the tutorials. :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the pincushion..very effective! The candlemat is a great way of using oddments...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the pincushion..very effective! The candlemat is a great way of using oddments...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great projects. I love the candlemat.

    ReplyDelete