Sunday, August 18, 2024

It's a Jungle Blog Hop Challenge

 

I'm so happy to be joining in another fun blog hop, this time brought to us by Joan of MooseStash Quilting.

Here's the list of today's participants:


____________________________________________

Our theme this time is the Jungle; either plants or animals that can be found there. I made two small projects, one plant and one animal.

The first is a hand-sewn, wool felt Snake Plant.:


According to Wikipedia, "Dracaena trifasciata is a species of flowering plant in the family Asparagaceaenative to tropical West Africa from Nigeria east to the Congo. It is most commonly known as the snake plantSaint George's swordmother-in-law's tongue, and viper's bowstring hemp, among other names."

Each leaf is double-sided, with a yellow/gold outer edge, and a green inner part. I used wool felt and embroidery floss to make each leaf. I then inserted wires, and stuck each leaf into floral foam inside the pot. Then I added dried floral moss on top.


____________________________________________

My second project is this adorable stuffed Koala. 


It's also hand-stitched with wool felt and embroidery floss, with safety eyes. The pattern comes from the Lia Griffith website.

Again, per Wikipedia: "The koala, sometimes called the koala bear, is an arboreal herbivorous marsupial native to Australia. Its closest living relatives are the wombats."

Here's the cutie with my snake plant:

____________________________________________

I'd love to read your comments and will reply to them all, unless you are a No Reply Blogger.

Finally, be sure to visit everyone in the hop on their day:

30 comments:

  1. Well the plant done in wool felt is a different project, Elizabeth. No watering required! I had one of those plants growing once in our home. Cute Koala too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take care of house plants to save my life, so the felt ones work great for me lol. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Sweet creations! I always enjoy seeing your wool projects. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what a fun couple of projects. I love your felt snake plant. That is just so unique and one even I couldn't kill! LOL!! Who doesn't love those sweet little koala bears too. What a great companion for Dracaena trifasciata!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and even I can't kill it, and that's a big accomplishment lol. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  4. Adorable projects. Love that sweet koala!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How Sweet! I love the koala! Maybe I could even keep that plant. I can't keep the real ones alive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the plant was real at first, but because you're the queen of felt and wool I realized it wasn't. Very nice! Your adorable koala had me on a "squirrel" hunt to see all the pretties from that link. Luckily I snapped out of it and came back to comment. LOL Thanks for the jungle fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! The key to making the felt plants look real is to use a variation of colors. I've made other using just one color and it doesn't look as real.

      Delete
  7. The plant looked real at first glance! And the koala is so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the projects. The plant is one that I need.....I wouldn't kill it....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thanks; that seems to be a common opinion, including with me!

      Delete
  9. You are so talented with wool felt! I have never worked with this fabric, but you've got me interested! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much; I really love working with wool felt.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing your wonderful wool felt projects! Sew much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always, I am amazed at how you can give such detail to your pieces. My first look at your plant I thought it was a real plant for background. Your Koala is so, so sweet. Love him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The plant does look real as I view it in my living room.

      Delete
  12. I am amazed by these cute projects! They are so much fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute!! love the koala and the snake plant is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable koala and the plant also.

    ReplyDelete