Sunday, February 18, 2024

Sew it Show It Challenge: It Moose Be Love

 

Joan at MooseStash Quilting is hosting this month's fun challenge: "It Moose Be Love." The directive was to make something that represents what we love. Here's a list of today's participants:

________________________________________

Now about what I love: It's the seashore! I love walking on it, photographing the water and the wildlife, and just all-round spending time on it. Hopefully, if all goes as planned, we'll be moving closer to it (Cape Cod) the first half of this year.


To represent my love for the sea, the shore, and all they encompass, I've made two small projects.

The first is a wool felt seal. The pattern comes from Lia Griffith. 



It's so cute, with safety eyes, embroidered whiskers and mouth, and appliqued spots on its back.

My second project is a 12" wool felt table mat I'm calling "Sea Glass." I wanted to use up some more felt scraps, so I used different shades of blue and green for the glass in the center and the border squares. It's backed with a single piece of green wool felt.

_______________________________________

I love reading your comments, and will reply to each one via email unless you are a No Reply Blogger.

Finally, be sure to visit everyone participating in this fun blog hop:

20 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am so jealous of you getting to move closer to the shore! That sweet little seal and your sea glass mat will be wonderful decor for your place! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super impressed with your wool projects--that seal is amazing! And the sea glass mat is lovely--it is especially appealing to me since I am working on finishing up a quilt with sea glass in the center. Thanks for sharing, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous work on these projects. Both are just wonderful - the seal and the seaglass. I get to see seals often taking the ferry to Porland from our place near the water. I know you will love being closer when at the cape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your projects. The seashore is my favorite place to be too. I'll be heading to my old stomping ground, Southern California, and the beach on Thursday. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both projects are beautiful. I especially love the seal. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both projects. They remind me of Lake Superior. That looks just like sea glass too with the colors. I had to show it to my daughter, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your felt seal and mat look great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects! I have been itching to make a sea glass quilt. it is fun to see one done in wool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen pictures of cotton sea glass quilts and they're amazing. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  9. Lucky you to be moving closer to all those things you love. Your little seal is adorable and I love the sea glass mat. I've never seen sea glass except in pictures. It looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing your pretties, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The table mat is a beautiful method to use up bits of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sure which I love more, both are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That seal is just darling and the Seaglass piece is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice! I love the seashore too!. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great take on this hop theme. Very different and such a sweet little seal, too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cute projects. Your wool work is always awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. that's a really cute seal! we love the beach too, actually prefer it in the winter when there's nobody there and we just walk around on the beach!

    ReplyDelete