Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Sew It Show It -- Challenge: Monster Mash

 


Halloween hops are always fun, and this one is brought to us by Joan of Moose Stash Quilting.

Here's the list of today's participants:

__________________________________________________

For my project I designed and stitched a simple 16" table mat that features a Halloween icon; Ghosts!

I constructed it using a similar method to English Paper Piecing. Coffin shapes were stitched together in pairs, and to one-another as I went. I only used two colors of wool felt, black and white and the white coffins feature ghost faces. Then I added a circle pair in the center.


I didn't photograph the back, but it looks the same as the front, minus the ghost faces.

__________________________________________________

I enjoy reading your comments, and will reply to them via email unless you are a "No Reply" blogger.

Finally, be sure to visit everyone else participating in this fun challenge:

15 comments:

  1. What an adorable ghosts table mat. Perfect for Halloween, and Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! What a fun decoration that would make with a creepy black candle sitting on it! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable project, love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I've always wanted to make a coffin Dresden but it never seems to fit in my schedule. You did good on this one and Joan is right about adding a black candle. Thanks for this inspiration, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect candle mat for Halloween! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I love your design and how you interchanged the ghosts and coffins. So creative! Perfect table topper for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the cutest project I've seen so far. It is absolutely the best, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I like how the black shapes between the ghosts resemble coffins. :o) Very spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute! The ghosts stand out perfectly with the black contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A superbly, spooky centerpiece indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you turned the coffins into ghosts! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your creative mind. This is a wonderful piece. Very simple but so to the point.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a very cute coffin / ghost table mat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome! Love the black and white coffin ghosts!

    ReplyDelete