Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Sew It – Show It Challenge: When Pigs Fly

 


It's time for another fun challenge, this time hosted by
Joan of MooseStash Quilting.

Here's the list of today's participants:

___________________________________________________

You're never too old to learn something new. I had no idea that "PIGs" stood for "Projects in Grocery Sacks!" This challenge is all about completing unfinished projects, whether they be PIGs or UFOs (Unfinished Objects) or WIPs (Works in Progress).

Over the course of 2022, I created felt food using patterns from the site Lila Griffith. I made fruit for the Here Comes the Sun Blog Hop, and vegetables for the Foodie Blog Hopand it was a lot of fun. 

This year, they posted a pattern for Felt Cheese and Crackers. I though it was charming, and started making it, but only got as far as making a few of one of the crackers:


So I figured this challenge was the perfect time to complete it. I ended up only making some of the items from their pattern, and added some other things into it. Here's the final collection, displayed on a wooden tray:


I really love how it turned out!
Here's another image, this time with numbers on each component. And below, I'll describe each one and link to the appropriate pattern.


3. Saltine Crackers (I made mine with smooth sides.)
5. Cheddar Cheese Slices (Two 1.25 inch x 2.5 inch rectangles blanket stitched together with matching embroidery floss).
6. Swiss Cheese Slices (I blanket stitched two of each slice together with matching embroidery floss. Note that the tray I used has a printed bottom and that's what you see showing through the holes in the cheese!)
8. Olives (Two ovals blanket stitched together with matching embroidery floss, and stuffed).

 ___________________________________________________

Oh, and before I realized what PIG really meant, I made an actual pig!

I used this pattern, but enlarged it to 150%.

 ___________________________________________________

I love reading your comments and will reply to them all via email unless you are a No Reply Blogger.

Finally, be sure to visit everyone participating in this fun challenge!

17 comments:

  1. Your felt tray of goodies looks deliciously beautiful! That pig is just the cutest...love it! Thanks for sharing your felt wonders with us, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh when I first glanced at the photo I thought you were going to include a recipe for seasoned crackers - lol! What a delightful tray of goodies. They look very real, very pretty. And that pig is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hungry now! LOL!! Your tray of snacks is just the cutest thing and calorie free...a good thing or I would be a little piggy and eat them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm awestruck, as usual, by your projects! The items on the tray look good enough to eat, and that pig is too cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable finish, it looks ready to eat! That little piggy is so cute! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is so cute. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. !!! Excellent, excellent. I want some of those goodies from the cheese tray. Gosh, they look good enough to eat. Great job. I love the piggy, too. This is my first experience with PIGS, also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun, permanent charcuterie board! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your food almost looks real! It would certainly help if one was dieting!
    And your pig is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute that you made foods for all those hops. This tray is the best yet, but that PIG is appealing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute food tray, and that pig is just adorable! You always amaze me with your felt and wool creations! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow, that food tray looks like you could eat it! You do such an amazing job with felt, thanks for inspiring us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very different project! It looks so real.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so love your projects always, but your charcuterie board is absolutely stellar.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Squeal!!! These are so cute!!! And the pig is oinking adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a fun and clever platter. And I LOVE the actual Pig!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love all your amazing felt pieces. I am a huge fan of food so this finish really makes me smile! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete